We all want a stylish and durable flooring for our home, and while there are many materials to choose from, timber flooring is something that excels. Also known as wood or hardwood flooring, it is a product originated from nature itself.
In addition to its classy aspect and variety of cuts, colours, styles, and species, it has some anti-allergic features as well.
You might want to consider some tips on how to choose the best timber ;
Homes should always look nice and be functional at the same time.
Before installing your flooring, you should think about your decor and furnishings of your rooms and other details as well. For example, for a casual or contemporary room, you can opt for timber floors with light colours, and choose dark colour for rooms with traditional settings. Wooden flooring made from red oak and maple eye can match well with any overall item and interior design.
The durability aspect for any flooring material depends upon the brand and warranty of flooring, and type of traffic of your home. When choosing a flooring material, search the wooden flooring made from tallow wood, non-marking wood or bamboo. These materials will turn out to be wonderful and suitable for your living area. When used in high traffic areas of your home, these materials are scratch-resistant.
SOLID AND ENGINEERED TIMBER
Solid timber is the original form of timber flooring and is installed to build more of a classic look. These old fashioned timber planks are generally quite durable as they are thicker, which means that they can be sanded and polished on multiple occasions.
Compared to solid timber, which consists of one thick piece of timber, engineered timber flooring is made up of two or more different layers of wood. These different layers are compressed together with the top layer usually coming pre-finished.
BENEFITS OF TIMBER FLOORING
- Hardwood timber flooring is a specifically durable and versatile option.
- Timber flooring is also easy to clean when compared with other flooring options. You just have to sweep and mop from time to time to clean it. You can easily wipe any spilling drinks with a sponge or a tissue.
- Timber flooring can even look better with age while carpet for example will deteriorate over time.
- Timber is also more environmentally-friendly option as many specialists spend time on cautiously procuring sustainable timber.
- Timber flooring is a healthier option. It has unbelievable anti-allergic properties because it is so easy to clean.
We have to know how to maintain our timber flooring properly in order to make it last for an exceptionally long time. Maintenance of wooden flooring in Mauritius requires sweeping or vacuuming at least once a week. You can also use appropriate cleaning products, especially used to clean timber floors.
After choosing your timber flooring, you will need a contractor who is licensed, experienced and skilled in the industry. We recommend you MLO Smart Construction Ltd Mauritius.